Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 1 - Daily Schedule/Programming Chapter 1

I decided to start off strong and pull an all nighter my first night to really dig into my program and get rolling. Green tea and coffee ftw.

Anyways, so far, I've updated my syllabus a bit more. I'm now only missing a second book for the second half of my program, which I will be picking up later today, but I'm in no rush since I'm set for my first 12 weeks anyways.

I also created a daily schedule which goes as follows:

Marie's Daily Schedule (M-Sa)

10:00 AM Wake/Work Out/
11:00 AM Shower/Eat BF

12:00 PM
1:00 PM Read Art/
2:00 PM Design Books
3:00 PM

4:00 PM Lunch Break

5:00 PM Read Motivation/
6:00 PM Programming/
7:00 PM Web Site
8:00 PM Building Books

9:00 PM Dinner Break
10:00 PM

11:00 PM Design
12:00 AM something

1:00 AM Blog

2:00 AM In Bed

I also Managed to read the intro and first chapter in my Beginning Programming for Dummies book. Here's the main thing's I got from what I read so far:

-A program does nothing more than tell the computer how to accept some type of input, manipulate that input, and spit it back out again in some form that humans find useful.
-The hardest part about programming is identifying all the little problems that make up the big problem that you're trying to solve. Because computers are completely stupid, you need to tell them how to do everything.
-If you want to learn computer programming, you need a healthy dose of the following three qualities: desire, curiosity, imagination.

So I guess I won't be getting into any actual programming until next week. For now, its onto another subject. I'm thinking of tackling the short, easy chapters first, and leaving the 60-something page first chapter of the Artist Class Book for later in the week. I guess I'm not technically sticking to my order I defined in my schedule, but as long as I stay in the same time slots, it makes no difference which I read in which order I suppose.

On to the introduction chapter of Fresh Styles for Web Designers, I think.

Bee Are Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment